Major and Minor Information
BioOne includes the full-texts of bioscience research journals focused on biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.
PsycARTICLES contains more than 25,000 full-text articles from 42 journals published by American Psychological Association and allied organizations. The PsycARTICLES database covers general psychology and specialized, basic, applied, clinical and theoretical research in psychology. The database contains more than 35,000 searchable full text articles from 41 journals published by the American Psychological Association and 8 from allied organizations. It contains all journal articles, letters to the editor and errata from each of the 49 journals. Examples of titles offered in PsycARTICLES include: American Psychologist, Behavioral Neuroscience, Canadian Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Psychoanalytic Psychology, Psychotherapy: Theory/Research/Practice/Training, etc. Coverage spans from 1988 to the present.
NOTE: Mobile phone users, try this link for a cleaner interface.
Abstracts of articles in all areas of medicine. PubMed Coverage PubMed provides access to bibliographic information that includes MEDLINE, OLDMEDLINE, as well as: * The out-of-scope citations (e.g., articles on plate tectonics or astrophysics) from certain MEDLINE journals, primarily general science and chemistry journals, for which the life sciences articles are indexed for MEDLINE. * Citations that precede the date that a journal was selected for MEDLINE indexing. * Some additional life science journals that submit full text to PubMedCentral and receive a qualitative review by NLM.
SciFinder is the most comprehensive bibliographic database for scholarly research in the field of chemistry. It contains over 21 million citations and indexes over 8,000 journals, covering all aspects of chemistry, including chemical aspects of: biology and life sciences, engineering and materials science, food science, geology, medicine, physics, and polymer science.
You must create an account before you can use SciFinder.
From Off-Campus you will need to login twice:
1. Go to http://ezproxy.millsaps.edu/login?url=https://Scifinder.cas.org and login to the Library's off-campus server with your Millsaps Username and password
2. You will be prompted with a security warning referring to an “untrusted certificate” or an “untrusted site.” It is okay to accept the security exception for this library database. In Firefox, click the "Add exception" button and then click the "Confirm Security Exception." In Internet Explorer, click "Continue to this website (not recommended). " and then click Yes in the box that pops up.
3. You will be taken to SciFinder. Login to SciFinder with your Scifinder username and password.
Print Location: See links below
Information and research in Neuroscience and Cognitive Studies is wide-ranging and the following links include just a few sources that may be useful:
Neuroscience and Cognitive Science News
- Neuroscience News
- Society for Neuroscience News
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research News
- Neuroscience Research News
- Science Daily: Mind and Brain News
- Medical News Today: Neurology
- Alltop Neuroscience Stories and Links
- Physorg Neuroscience News
- Cognitive Daily
- Scientific American Mind
Organizations Related to Neuroscience and Cognitive Studies
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Cognitive Science Society
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Philosophy and Psychology
- The Philosophy of Science Association
Grants and Research Opportunities
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
Philosophy of Mind and Neurophilosophy
- MindPapers: A Bibliography of the Philosophy of Mind and the Science of Consciousness
- A Field Guide to the Philosophy of Mind
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Philosophy of Neuroscience Entry
- Neuroethics and Law Blog
- Neurophilosophy Blog
- PhilPapers: Philosophy of Neuroscience
Neuroscience and Cognitive Studies Education
The Oxford Companion to Consciousness is the most complete authoritative survey of contemporary research on consciousness. Structured as an easy-to-use dictionary and extensively cross-referenced, the Companion offers contributions from philosophy of mind to neuroscience, from experimental psychology to clinical findings, so reflecting the profoundly interdisciplinary nature of the domain. This is a unique compendium that will prove indispensable to anyone interested in consciousness, from beginning students wishing to clarify a concept to professional consciousness researchers looking for the best characterization of a particular phenomenon.
Images and gene expression
Library / Main Desk
Tel: (601) 974-1073
BF 1-990 Psychology
BF 309-499 Cognition
BF 309-499 Consciousness
QP 351-495 Neurophysiology and neuropsychology
RC 321-571 Neurosciences
The QP's and RC's can be found on the Third Floor - West Wing of the library.
The BF's can be found on the Mail Floor - in the 'stack tier.'
Allow at least a week for an article to arrive and two weeks for a book to arrive. If your article is delivered in electronic format, you'll receive an email with the article attached as soon as it has arrived.