- October 1, 2013: Initial Open Enrollment Begins
- March 31, 2014: Initial Enrollment Period Ends
- October 15th-December 17th: Annual Open Enrollment Periods
"Life Events" are the exception to these enrollment dates. Examples of qualifying life events are moving to a new state, certain changes in your income, and changes in your family size (for example, if you marry, divorce, or have a baby). -Healthcare.gov
- Marketplace Call Center: Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including some federal holidays to answer questions regarding the market place. Call Toll-free at 1.800.318.2596, TTY/TDD: 1.888.871.6594, or go to the website for a live chat.
- Mississippi Navigators: Navigators will serve as an in-person resource for Americans who want additional assistance in shopping for and enrolling in plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace this fall.
- Oak Hill Missionary Baptist Church Ministries serves the lower Mississippi River Delta Region. Oak Hill will train clergy to be health ambassadors that will reach out to uninsured residents to provide information about enrollment in the Marketplaces.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center will use funds to perform, educate, and assist patients in enrolling in Medicaid, CHIP, and the Marketplace in all 82 counties in Mississippi.
- Health Help Mississippi: Health Help advocates on consumers' behalf, educating them on their different options for health care, and assisting them in seeing if they could be eligible for any current government programs such as Medicaid.
Health Help Mississippi-JACKSON
800 North President Street
Jackson, MS 39202
Consumer Help Line 1-877-314-3843
Health Help Mississippi- HATTIESBURG
710 S 28th Ave. Ste C
Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Health Help Mississippi- STARKVILLE
1014 North Jackson Street Ste. A
Starkville, MS 39759
Health Help Mississippi- HERNANDO
2560 Highway 51 South-On the Square
Hernando, MS 38632
Health Help Mississippi- GREENVILLE
239 Main Street
Greenville, MS 38701
- Health Insurance Marketplace: https://www.healthcare.gov/
- Health Insurance Marketplace (Spanish): https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/
- Rural Assistance Center: http://www.raconline.org/
- Medline Plus: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
- Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions-Home
The Mississippi Library Commission put together the above information on their Affordable Care Act information page at: http://www.mlc.lib.ms.us/Services4GeneralPublic/aca.htm
McDonough J, Milbank Memorial F. Inside National Health Reform [e-book]. Berkeley: University of California Press; 2011. Available from: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), Ipswich, MA. Accessed September 19, 2013.
Weisfeld V, Jonas S, Kovner A, Knickman J. Jonas & Kovner's Health Care Delivery In The United States [e-book]. New York: Springer Pub; 2011. Available from: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), Ipswich, MA. Accessed September 19, 2013.
Shaw G. The Healthcare Debate [e-book]. Santa Barbara, Calif: Greenwood; 2010. Available from: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), Ipswich, MA. Accessed September 19, 2013.
- Summary of the ACA from the Kaiser Family Foundation: http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/8061-021.pdf
- ACA Basics of the Health Care Law from the National Physicians Alliance: http://npalliance.org/blog/2013/07/13/the-basics-of-the-health-law/
- Consumer Report Guides to Health Care Reform and Medicare: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2013/03/download-our-free-guides-to-health-care-reform-and-medicare/index.htm