Faculty/Staff Equipment Checkout Policy
- We take reservations for faculty and staff for academic use. Other uses are by special permission only.
- Loan periods depend on the type of equipment. Normally digital video cameras and accessories are checked out for 3 days. TV/DVD/VHS, carts, laptops, projectors, screens, slide projectors, overhead projectors are checked out for 24 hours.
- There are no overdue fines, but overdue notices are sent as a courtesy. Please keep in mind that someone may have a reservation immediately following yours, so please return equipment on time.
- While equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not loan it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED. If an item is not returned for any reason, you will be charged for the replacement.
- If you are a faculty advisor allowing students to check out equipment in your name and the item is lost, stolen or damaged you will be responsible for the cost of equipment.
- Replacement costs vary according to type and model of hardware, and we reserve the right to purchase an equal or similar model in case of discontinuation.
- Equipment cannot be used in violation of the law or of Millsaps College policies.