Student Equipment Checkout Policy for Digital Cameras, Tripods, Microphones, AudioStudents may check out video cameras and camera accessories for class assignments, but may not check out TVs, DVDs, VCRs, CD Players, Laptops or projectors unless their faculty advisor or instructor makes the reservation and takes responsibility for the equipment.
Student Equipment Checkout Policy
- Must have current ID card present to check out equipment.
- Library record must be in good standing to check out equipment. (No blocks on record, fines etc.)
- Borrowing is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- A student may not check out two or more cameras at one time
- All digital equipment may be borrowed for 3 days.
- No renewals allowed. When an item is returned, please wait 24 hours before checking equipment out again.
- Overdue fines are $1 an hour, with a maximum fine of $25. Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy only.
- While equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not loan it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED. If an item is not returned, you will be charged for the replacement.
- All equipment must be present to check in item. If any equipment is missing, the item will stay on your record until every piece is returned. PLEASE NOTE: Fines are not waived for overdue equipment caused by missing items.
- If items fall into MISSING STATUS:
- You will be charged the replacement cost of the equipment and will not be able to register for classes
- You will be banned from future equipment checkouts
- If any equipment is damaged while in your possession, you will be responsible for the cost of the repairs, not to exceed the replacement cost of that item.
- Replacement costs vary according to type and model of hardware, and we reserve the right to purchase an equal or similar model in case of discontinuation.
- Equipment cannot be used in violation of the law or of Millsaps College policies.