What type of AV equipment is available?
- In the Library
- In the Digital Media Lab
- For Checkout to Students
- For Checkout to Art Department Students
- For Checkout to Faculty and Staff
- Four of the group study rooms on the west side of the main floor have DVD/VHS/TV combination units. There is a region free DVD player in Room 316. Ask at the front desk if you need access to room 316.
- Two 33RPM/Vinyl Record listening stations are located in the southwest corner of the periodicals room.
- The Engel Room and Millsaps Room have a large TV with DVD/VHS player.
- These rooms are available for faculty to reserve by calling 601-974-1090.
- Student groups may use the Engel Room on a first-come, first-served basis, but may not use the Millsaps Room without a faculty member present.
The Digital Media Lab is a multimedia workspace reserved for projects involving video, photo, and music editing; image capturing; and analog-to-digital conversion.
Digital Media Lab
The DML contains the following computer hardware:
- 2 iMac workstations
- 1 Mac Pro workstation
- 1 high resolution Epson multimedia scanner to scan images or slides
- One Touch VHS-to-DVD unit will transfer unprotected VHS tapes to DVD.
- See Digital Media Lab for more information and hours.
Equipment Available for Checkout to StudentsPlease read the equipment checkout policy for students for information about loan periods and fines.
USB Thumb DrivesAsk at the front desk.
Video Cameras may be checked out by student and faculty doing course related video projects. Other uses are by special permission only.
Students can check a camera out for 3 days. No renewals. Fines are $1.00 per hourif it is late!
NOTE: All cameras can record approximately 1 hour. Make sure you charge the camera before using it and take a test shot to make sure your camera is set up and ready to go. The MiniDV cameras must be used with a Mac. The Xacti Flip cameras can be used with a PC or Mac.
MiniDV Digital Video Cameras / Records on MiniDV Tapes / Connects to MAC via Firewire / Student must buy their own Mini DV Tape, we sell them at the front desk for $4.00
We have 3 MiniDV cameras - #12, #367, #413
We have three Xacti Flip Cameras - #416, #417, #418
- #340 Video Camera (VHS-C) / NOT DIGITAL / Records on VHS-C tapes
- Check Availability of VHS-C Camera
High End Video Camera/TripodThe library has a high end camera and tripod that are available by special permission. Contact Molly McManus for more information.
TripodsTripods may be checked out by student and faculty doing course related video projects. Other uses are by special permission only.
Students can check a tripod out for 3 days. No renewals. Fines are $1.00 per hour if it is late!
- #368 Tripod Video Camera Tripod Sunpak Platinum Plus
- 6200DX Sunpak Tripod
- 6200DX Sunpak Tripod
- LOCATION: Behind Circ Desk
Audio RecordingStudents can check a audio equipment out for 3 days. No renewals. Fines are $1.00 per hour if it is late!
- #419 Zoom Digital Audio Recorder
- Check Availability of Zoom Digital Audio Recorder
- Voice Recorder Olympus Digital Voice Recorder
- Voice Recorders Olympus Digital Voice Recorder
- Check Availability of Olympus Digital Audio Recorders
Apple PowerbookFaculty, Staff and Students doing video editing projects may check out our Apple PowerBook and External Hard Drive. Please note that this is an older laptop and you might have better results using one of the three Mac computers in our Digital Media Lab.
- #363 Apple PowerBook Mac Laptop w/Final Cut carry case, FireWire, cords
- #364 External Hard Drives Iomega drives for PowerBook carry case, USB + power cords
- Check Availability of Apple PowerBook and HardDrive
Available for Checkout to Faculty and StaffSee the equipment checkout policy for faculty/staff for information about checkout periods and fines.
While equipment is checked out in your name, you are responsible for it. DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED. If an item is not returned, you will be charged for the replacement.
NOTE: The following AV equipment is for Faculty and Staff use only. The loan period is 24 hours. Faculty and staff can make a reservation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Student groups must ask their faculty advisor to make a reservation for them.
TV/VCR/DVDTV/VCR/DVD carts may be checked out by faculty and staff. Student groups need faculty permission.
- #305 TV on Cart Combo DVD/VHS new TV and combo unit (SHOULD HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL WITH IT)
- #306 TV on Cart Combo DVD/VHS new TV and combo unit
(SHOULD HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL WITH IT)
Check availability of TVs
Dell Laptop ComputersDell laptops may be checked out by faculty and staff. Student groups need faculty permission.
- #7 Laptop Computer Dell Latitude
- #361 Laptop Computer Dell Latitude
- #411 Laptop Computer Dell Latitude
LCD projectors may be checked out by faculty and staff. Student groups need faculty permission.
- #343 LCD Projector Viewsonic PJ 552, 2 cords, carrying case (only the viewsonic may be used by student groups). Viewsonic PJ 552 Manual.
- #344 LCD Projector Epson 2 cords, carrying case
- #360 LCD Projector Hitachi 2 cords, carrying case
Check Availability of LCD Projectors
- #016 Slide Projector Kodak w/carousel & remote no handle on case
- #018 Slide Projector Kodak w/carousel & remote
- #148 Slide Projector Kodak w/carousel & remote
- #410 Slide Projector Kodak in box
- #296 Slide Projector Kodak w/carousel & remote
Check availability of Slide Projectors
- #066 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors
- #067 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors
- #068 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors
- #170 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors green tray
- #171 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors blue tray
- #172 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors red tray
- #303 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors
- #315 Slide Carousel Slide tray for projectors black
- Check availability of Slide Trays
- #160 Overhead Projector Gray 3M folding head SP
- #324 Overhead Projector Eiki older model
- #327 Overhead Projector Suitcase Kind easiest to carry without cart
- #357 Overhead Projector Dark brown 3M OH newest OH projector
- Check availability of Overhead Projectors
- #142 Projection Screen 63″ screen largest screen in collection
- #199 Projection Screen 39″ screen small, old screen
- #257 Projection Screen 57″ screen kept in circ workroom
- #312 Projection Screen 49″ screen black AV Room
- #314 Projection Screen 49″ screen black AV Room
Check availability of Projection Screens
#337 Project-o-Stand Projector stand metal, w/ detachable legs
- #342 AV Cart, 2-Shelf AV cart w/ electrical outlets storage cabinet, key missing
- #024 AV Cart, 3-Shelf AV cart w/ electrical outlets black, padded top shelf
- #025 AV Cart, 3-Shelf AV cart w/ electrical outlets black, padded top shelf
- #358 AV Cart, 3-Shelf AV cart w/ electrical outlets new PIX mobile padded cart
Check availability of AV Carts
CD Players/Cassette Tape Players
- #320 Boom Box Magnavox CD/radio/cassette dual cassette recorder
- #353 Boom Box Phillips CD/radio/cassette smallest boom box
Check availability of CD Players
- #265 Cassette Recorder Sharp cassette deck
- #283 Cassette Recorder Sharp cassette deck
- #284 Cassette Recorder Sharp cassette deck
- #285 Cassette Recorder Sharp cassette deck
Check availability of cassette recorders
- #259 Extension Cord Roll-up extension cord yellow case w/ handle
- #31 Extension Cord 30′ cord orange extension cord
- #8 Extension Cord 50′ cord black extension cord
Check availability of extension cords
#415 Portable wireless PA
Check availability of PA
Art Department Cameras
- Note: These cameras are ‘on reserve’ for art students at the front desk, but we do not take reservations for these cameras. Must be an Art student in the Digital Arts class. You can check a camera out for 3 days. Fines are $1.00 per hour if it is late!
- Digital Video Camera - Canon HV10 digital video camcorder (Connects to Mac via Firewire/ Records to MiniDV Tape, Students must purchase a tape) Canon HV10 Manual
There are three of this model - #1000, #1001, #1002
- Digital Video Camera Canon Vixia HV40 (HDV 1080i) (Records to MiniDV Tape, Students must purchase a tape)
Two of this model - #1003, #1004
Canon Vixia HV40 User Manual
- Check availability of Art Department Cameras
- The Art Department also has on reserve
1. An Audio-Technica shotgun microphone
2. A canvas bag with a FireStudio Mobile audio recording device, shure microphone and a firewire cable.
- Canon Rebel EOS Digital Camera